Friday, November 11, 2011

Feature Friday Features: "Cowboys and Dragons at the Cafe" & a Blog Fest


Feature Friday is a meme hosted by The Warrior Muse that encourages you to feature a blog of your choice each Friday to introduce others to blogs you enjoy. Anyone can participate. You can choose these blogs however you like and spotlight them in any way you please. Be sure you include a link in your post to the blog you wish to feature, copy the button above, and enter your blog on the linky list at the end of this post. I hope to see some others joining in so I can discover new bloggers!

Today, The Warrior Muse is featuring Cowboys and Dragons at the Cafe, a blog with multiple posters, all writers who belong to a critique group. If you live on the Western Slope in Colorado, they're holding NaNo writing meetings, as three of them are participating. Check out Mike and his fellow writers for varying viewpoints, genres and discussions on writing.

Also, a quick mention of a new blog fest coming up. Shelly, of The Life of a Novice Writer is hosting her first blog fest: The Crazy Alternate Reality Blogfest on December 3rd. While I can't participate on this one, it sounds like a lot of fun.

Any blogs you'd recommend? Blog Fests I haven't heard of?

May you find your Muse.



4 comments:

Mark said...

Rats, I don't live nearby, but it sounds live a groovy group:)

shelly said...

Shannon thanks for mentioning my blogfest.

Rebecca said...

whats a blog fest

Shannon Lawrence said...

Mark, it does seem like a fun group. Too far north for me.

Shelly, no problem! I hope it's fun and successful!

Becca, a blog fest is basically where a blog theme is established and people sign up to follow that theme during a set period (like a meme for only a set time instead of weekly). You hop around to other blogs to see what the other bloggers did for it. I don't think I explained that very well.